Peregrine Fledglings, Devil's Courthouse

On Monday, we got our first look at the young falcons.

One fledgling was on the profile of the rock face. It flew around the
cliff some, then disappeared into the trees. Another fledgling
evidently was to the right of the parking lot. A parent flew across
into the trees there, and it was being greeted by the wailing call. The
other two fledglings must have been in the trees near the rock face at
this point, because they started calling, too.

Earlier, we saw two falcons flying over the parking lot and the parkway. We
took them to be the parents.

We're wondering how long this nest site has been used?

The veerys were singing and cedar waxwings were close to the parking area.
We heard a black-throated green and a red-breasted nuthatch.

The excitement of seeing the peregrines was increased by helping other
people see them, too.

Buren and Luanne Blankenship
Pendleton, SC
blblank@carol.net