Mississippi Kites

For the past few years I have been searching for Mississippi Kites.  I have
even been on a CBC trip and promising sites suggested by other birders. All
my efforts have been for naught until a couple weeks ago.  Of all things I
was sitting at the pool reading a book and watching my kids splash around in
the pool.  Hardly a birding effort!  I happened to look up and there was a
pair of elusive kites soaring over the pool.  As with most life birds once
you see them they will not go away.  I see these birds on a daily basis now.

The pool is very easy to find if any one is passing through Lillington. Take
401 into Lillington and turn down beside the courthouse.  If you are going
south it will be a left, if you are going north it will be a right.  Go about
3/4 of a mile and the pool will be on your left.

Mary Stevens
harttwins@aol.com
Lillington NC
910-814-1885