RFI: Barn Owls

Does anyone know a good place in SC or NC to see Barn Owls?  Even after
four years of pretty intense birding (and trying the suggestion in John
Fussell's book about Ocracoke), I've yet to find one.  My lifer I saw in
the famous abandoned cotton gin near Portal, AZ.  I'd like to have one for
my SC and NC lists too.

I will of course be scrupulous about not birding on private property
without the owner's permission; I will certainly abide by any other
requirements set by the property owner and/or informing birder as well.

Thanks.

Jim Edwards
jim.edwards@furman.edu