Re: RFI: Barn Owls

Jim:
I, too, have been trying to see a barn owl in the wild since beginning to bird
some 20 years ago.  No such luck.

My brother, Don saw one this past Sunday at Townville, SC.  He saw him flying
over a field and first thought it was a hawk.  It was around 8:00 PM.  If you
know anything about birding in Townville,  the field is located across from
the infamous "F" house.  If you need more specific directions, e-mail direct
and I will answer.

Steve Cox
srcox@greenville.infi.net