NC hummer update

Hello All-

I just wanted to let you all know that I have received permission to color
mark Ruby-throated Hummingbirds that I band here in NC.  I am using a dot
of (non-toxic) white paint on their foreheads.  If anybody sees one of
these birds, please let me know.  A few dispersed into my neighborhood here
in Whispering Pines and have been reported back to me already.

I am up to 45 banded Ruby-throateds so far this summer (mostly from my
yard).  And my intensive efforts will begin in earnest this week.   And I
have yet to recapture a banded individual!

NOTE:  Keep your eyes out for returning Rufous hummers-- it is that time of
the year already.  Please contact me if you see one.  Hmmm..it should not
be too long before 'Blondie' could return to Hampstead (8/26 was the date
last year) ...

Best wishes,

Susan M. Campbell
Whispering Pines, NC