Re: Ivory-bills

On Thu, 31 Aug 2000, Copperhead wrote:

> We also don't have access to Cuba where there is a possibility that there
> are some survivors.  Anybody want to get together an expedition?  I'll
> contact Fidel for the visas.

I'll come! Even if we don't see any Ivory-bills, Cuba's full of all kinds
of great endemic species: Zapata Rail, Zapata Sparrow, Cuban Tody, and
several others including (I think) at least two hawks and one owl...

On second thought, there are probably just as many cool endemics on
Jamaica, and much less chance of getting thrown in jail there...

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University
Department of Zoology

jsr6@acpub.duke.edu