Re: drier ponds as Black Rail habitat

Frank Enders, Micou Browne, and I ran a Seth Low shorebird trap (basically a
cloverleaf with long leads) at Greenview back in the 70's. Frank and I had
used the same trap in NY to successfully band Black Rails and Virginia Rails,
but we caught nothing at Greenview in fall-winter period. Maybe things have
changed. Maybe it might be productive to use a rail trap baited with a tape
loop. There was an article in JFO regarding this technique for catching Soras.
Will Post