Eno River State Park Birds

Today Birdwatching101 started off great with a Pileated Woodpecker flying
across the parking lot. We had a pretty good warbler day. My beginning
birders started with a Pine warbler that landed about 6 feet from us at eye
level looking very spectacularly yellow.  At a wild grape vine we found a
Prairie Warbler as well as Brown Thrashers, Catbirds, and a couple of
Yellow-billed Cuckoos. At the power line clearing next to the river we ran
into a mixed flock of Chickadees, Titmice, White-eyed Vireo, female American
Redstarts, and a Bay-breasted Warbled.  The Bay-breasted was nice as I have
never found one on the Eno before. Other birds include Phoebe, Blue Jays,
Cardinals, Chimney Swifts, Coopers Hawk, Northern Harriers, Bluebirds, Downey
Woodpecker, and Flickers.  Too bad I didn't get Red-Bellied Woodpecker for a
full sweep of all possible woodpeckers on the Eno.
Beginning birders come join me on the Eno.

Edith Tatum
Durham, NC