Outer Banks migrants

	The North Banks Bird Club went on a field trip today to the local (outer
banks) migrant traps and wish to report the birding as very good. We went to
Pea Island first and picked up a few birds, however Pea was overshadowed
this day by Roanoke Island. We had plenty of Baltimore Orioles, a few
Bobolinks, a few vireos, a Veery, 13 species of warblers, and a few other
odds-and-ends, including a small reddish-brown bat which landed almost at my
feet!
	Highlights were as follows:
		Chestnut-sided Warbler		1
		Magnolia Warbler			6-7
		Black-throated Green Warbler	2
		Black-throated Blue Warbler	4
		Nashville Warbler			2
		Tennessee Warbler			1
	We witnessed a rather odd event a little after noon (sat). At the north end
of Roanoke Island very high in the sky was what at first appeared to be a
flock of vultures circling on a thermal. When we raised our binoculars for a
better look, we realized that the birds were actually Great Blue Herons, 15
in number. As we watched, they slowly drifted away (to the south), remaining
in their "formation". I was just wondering if any one else has seen this
behavior before with Great Blue Herons?
		Good birding,
		Jeff Lewis
		Manteo, NC