HBSP today.

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, Gary Phillips and I with part day assistance from Murray Honick and
Paul Rogers birded at Huntington Beach S.P. Georgetown, County, SC.  We
were counting carefully for the Georgetown County, NAMC,  We had 79-80
species and Bob and Barbara Maxwell added another 4 species at Lithcfield.
I have to get in touch with Dave Donmoyer to get his results for western
Georgetown County, so perhaps we made 100 species. At any rate we had at
least 9 or 10 species of warbler for the park, which is as good a warbler
day as I have ever had there.
	The weather and tides were absolutely perfect.  High tide at the causeway
in the early morning. (full moon last night)allowed us to search for dickey
birds up to 10 O'clock.  Thereafter we went after shorebirds, gulls and
terns at the jetty pond, little luck there people were fishing and casting
nets.  We ended the day sitting on the causeway posts looking for
shorebirds and long legged waders in the marsh.
	I had really hoped to get to 100 birds at Huntington because Gary rang my
doorbell at 6 this morning holding a first year female Prairie Warbler. It
had been hawking insects eluminated by the light in my alcove front porch.
He released it to the Bradford Pear in my front yard and off it went.
	At any rate should have the results for this coastal SC county on this
list either Sunday or Monday.
`	It was a great day to be birding with a cool North breeze all day, low
humidity and mild temps.

Jack

Jack Peachey
Conway, SC