outstanding warbler day - Aynor, SC

Warbler migration was big at the house (near Aynor, SC) Saturday. Not
numbers, but in quality.

Early Saturday morning we saw a MAGNOLIA WARBLER in the yard.

Later walking past woods in front of the house we found an incredible sight
- 2 SWAINSON'S WARBLERS at rest.  We watched them from about 20'- An open
look for minutes!  When they flew off a third bird from the branch under
them flew when they did - so was there a third SWAINSON'S?  For the record,
Swainson's breed in that general area; we heard them on territory earlier
and saw another one nearby (probably in July).

Later in the evening we observed a NASHVILLE WARBLER at the water in the yard.

Good birding,
St.

Stephen Thomas
stype@sccoast.net