Caesar's Head Hawk Watch 9/20/00

10:15 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.+

Another tough, windy day at the overlook. We had almost as many spotters as
birds. A close look at a sub-adult Bald Eagle the high point of the day for
all present.

Broad-winged        23
Cooper's                   3
Sharp-shinned           2
Bald Eagle                1(3rd year)
Osprey                       1

The count was still in progress when I left the site, but no update has been
received.

Assisting today: Elizabeth Galloway, Hilda Reece, Tim Lee, Donna & Mike
Heuerman, Bethel & Burrell Wood, Ruth Clark, Kathryn Eichelburger, Don
Meldrum, Marion Clark, Glenn Englehardt and Jeff Johnson from Michigan.

Jeff Catlin
Marietta, SC
jco@viperlink.net