Umstead warblers

Finally, warblers!! Last week on the Chatham NAMC along Big Woods Road, we
only saw 3 species of warblers. Sunday at Umstead SP was much better with 9
warbler species! We saw American Redstart, Northern Parula, Worm-eating,
Black-throated Blue, Hooded, Pine, Magnolia, Mourning, and Tennessee
Warblers. Plus, several others went unidentified. Does anyone else have
problems with these confusing fall warblers??!!

We were also treated to 3 Summer Tanagers eating dogwood berries, a
Broad-winged Hawk, and a beautiful Yellow-billed Cuckcoo.

Looking forward to a good migration weekend in Ft. Casewell.

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh