A few warblers still around Durham

Today (10/18/00) at the Shepherd Nature Trail (Durham Co., NC):

1 Black-throated Green Warbler (2nd latest local report)
1 Bay-breasted Warbler (latest local report)

Not much else, though I did get chastized by a flock of Golden-crowned
Kinglets, which is always fun.

On 10/15/00 at Falls Lake (Granville Co.) I saw a Blackburnian Warbler (3rd
latest).

On 10/14/00 I saw something amazing that I'd never seen before: a mostly
albino male Downy Woodpecker!  It was pure white except for a red patch on
the back of the head and some black in the secondaries.  The bill was pink.
This was in Orange County on private land at the end of Cabe Ford Road
(where I was house-sitting).

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu