Re: Mountain sparrows, Falls Lake (raliegh)

Hi all,

Yesterday (Sunday) I visited Falls Lake where Old
Bayleaf Road deadends onto it (abandoned road),
and I found few interesting landbirds (lots of
white-throated sprrows, etc.). But on the lake's
edge I found a couple more interesting:

Pied-billed Grebe - 3
Spotted Sandpiper - 1

Also, this is a bit tardy but I just didn't get around
to it earlier. Last weekend I was staying on a friend's
farm in the Shenandoah Valley, VA and birded his place
and the UVA arboretum (Blandy Experimental Ferm).

The most notable birds were at the arboretum:

3 Clay-colored Sparrows!!!
2 Chipping Sparrows
4 Song Sparrows
1 White-crowned Sparrow