Winter birds

I hadn't been out recently, so when I had a chance to walk a section
of the local golf course early this morning, I went.  The winter
birds have definitely returned.  I found a small flock of
yellow-rumps as well as pine warblers.  A ruby-crowned kinglet was
working the brush along a small creek.  I saw three winter sparrows:
song, swamp, and white-throated.  The other nice bird was a local, a
white-breasted nuthatch.  I haven't seen any juncos yet.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu