T-Giving Week Trip to your area

Hi:

We are from Tampa, Florida, and will be travelling thru N & S Carolina, & E Tennessee on the way to Nashville for Thanksgiving.  We are most interested in finding a Red Crossbill and a Saw Whet Owl.  We have no specific plans except to bird our way north along/near the Atlantic coast and then over the mountains.  Can anyone suggest good places to look and good owling techniques.  Thanks

Doug Wassmer & Lilian Saul
dwassme1@tampabay.rr.com

PS  The Heerman's Gull was seen again today at Ft Desoto, St Petersburg, FL. (1st Florida Record for this species)