Waterfowling in the snow

Dwayne and I headed out early this morning to check for waterfowl at the
local lakes before the weather turned too bad.  It was just starting to
sleet when we left around 7:30am but turned to HEAVY snow by 10:30am and is
still doing so as I am writing.  Here is the list and where we saw them:

Lookout Shoals Lake:
1 Double-crested Cormorant
1 Bonaparte's Gull
2 Common Loons

Oxford Access on Lake Hickory:
1 female Red-breasted Merganser
30+ Turkey and Black Vultures lounging in the trees around the access

Dusty Ridge Access on Lake Hickory:
11 Common Loons
4 Horned Grebes
3 Buffleheads
1 Ruddy Duck

Lovelady Access on Lake Hickory:
6 Common Loons
9 Ruddy Ducks

Tater Hole Access on Lake Rhodhiss:
21 Common Loons (as we were arriving, they were literally dropping from the
sky as the heavy snow started!  It was amazing!)
12 Buffleheads
7 Ring-billed Gulls

Dwayne & Lori Martin
Foothills Bird Club