Ducks in Columbia

Walking around the pond near my home in the Harbison area of Columbia, I
noticed the R-B gulls, P-B grebes and coots are back for the winter.
Additionally I noticed a lone duck in the middle of the pond.  I had my
camera but not my binoculars, so when looking through the camera only, I
couldn't get a good enough view to identify.  I just got my photos back, and
I believe it is a Ruddy Duck.  There were 6 on the pond most of the winter
last year, so it seems reasonable to believe it is a ruddy.  I have posted
the photos at http://home.sprintmail.com/~steventracey/index.html  (follow
the latest outings link).  Opinions welcome.

Steve Tracey
Columbia, SC