Vermilion, and Mango question

The imm. male Vermilion Flycatcher was there when I arrived around 10 this
morning, under supervision of its discoverers Mark Simpson and Sam Moore. It
waited while I made a trip into town to buy film for my empty camera. A note
of encouragement for those who have gone after the Mango first: Vermilions
can be surprisingly hardy. An adult male spent several weeks (I think) on
the Eastern Shore of Va. in the winter of 92-93. When I finally got out to
see it it was late January, around 15F, and the bird was perched over the
ice of a solidly frozen pond. So this bird might hang around awhile.

For those of us forced to put off the Mango for a bit, a question to the
Mango Tour participants: Did Ms.Turner by any chance mention what her plans
are for Thanksgiving weekend?

Thanks and good luck,

Dan Kaplan
Raleigh