Flycatcher update

    The Vermilion Flycatcher was still present this evening at 4:45 around
the base of the tree he apparently roosted in Monday night. He was active
all day except for a brief 2hr hiatus between 7 and 9am when he flew south
across the Neuse River to a sunnier feeding spot. He seemed to be happy
along the south fence line the rest of the day, as we and others observed
him gleaning insects from the grassy bank of the dike. I will check on him
again early tomorrow morning and Celia will post results about 7:45.
Eric

Eric & Celia Dean
112 Armstrong Dr
Goldsboro NC  27530