Vermilion update (not yet...)

Howdy folks,

Made a quick attempt for the Vermilion Flycatcher near Goldsboro this
morning, but came up short. I left at noon without seeing it. Wayne
Irvin, who had arrived at 6:30 AM, was still there when I left, and said
he would stay at least two more hours and post a further update when he
got the chance...

Spent the holiday in DC, mostly indoors, but did take a detour on the way
home to see the resident Kelp Gull in Sandgates, Maryland. After missing
the bird on my last attempt, it was very cooperative this time, even
coming in to eat some of our lunch leftovers.

Good Birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose
Duke University