Re: Whooping Crane

Hmm.  A chase plane! Maybe the bird can be seen to fly over western NC, if on
its way south to either Fl, or back to TX. It really would be interesting to
find out where the bird went (i.e., over what states it flew), if FWS folks are
in a chase plane. Maybe Paul Sykes, a FWS employee, is in the plane. He could
then add Whooping Crane to his NC, SC, GA, FL lists, etc!

Seriously, the Whooping Crane has never been reported in NC, so it would be
interesting to hear about where this bird was seen later on during its flight
southward. Hopefully, the story is not concluded!

Harry LeGrand
Chair, NC Bird Records Committee

--
Harry LeGrand