Birding workshop in Raleigh,NC

Hello fellow birdfolk,
I have just found out that a writer with the Raleigh
News and Observer is going to be taking my first
birding class at Lake Wheeler this Saturday. He wants
to write about the class. So far I only have three
others signed up. If you know anyone in the Triangle
area who would be interested, please let them know
about it. It would definitely help to have more
participants.
It goes from 9am til 3pm-ish and involves classroom
study of skins, slides, nests, etc(my classic museum
bird class) and  fun games to learn bird song as well.
Then hiking around the lake to ID any migrating
warblers and year-long residents of the woods and
fields. After a picnic lunch, we will canoe on the
lake to Swift creek to find waterbirds and any
surprise available!
I will have handouts to take home, and a birding
library to examine.
It costs $50 for Raleigh residents and 57 for
non-Raleigh residents.
Class #1 is this Sat. Sept. 22
Class#2 Is Sat. Oct. 20
Class #3 is Sat. Nov. 3rd.
Call 662-5704 or 5712 to register
Lake Wheeler Park is located south of Raleigh
6404 Lake Wheeler Rd.
www.raleigh-nc.org/parks&rec/wheeler
Thanks for checking this out and please do pass it on
to anyone ready to open up  their hearts to the
magical bird world.
Kate

=====
Kate Finlayson