Dickcissel, Clay-colored Sparrow, etc.

Greetings:
	Had a wonderful 2 1/2 hours at the old Coast Guard Station on Pea Island
tuesday a.m. Clear skies and NW winds brought plenty of migrants in. Birds
were still streaming by when I left at 9:00. Highlights were: Hundreds of
Palm Warblers and Bobolinks, lots of Savannah Sparrows and Indigo Buntings.
Several species of warblers were seen including Black-throated Green,
Black-throated Blue, Redstart, and N. Parula (no rare ones). Also had one
Scarlet Tanager, one Rose-breasted Grosbeak, 3 Baltimore Orioles, a Merlin,
3 YB Sapsuckers, a Phoebe, a Pewee, Red-eyed and White-eyed Vireos, a
CLAY-COLORED SPARROW, a DICKCISSEL, a Blue Grosbeak or two, Cedar Waxwings,
Tree Swallows and one Eastern Kingbird.
	I left in time to spend 15 minutes at the north end of Roanoke Island
before work and had 11 species of warblers! These included 2 Cape Mays, a
NASHVILLE, a Magnolia, a Black-throated Blue and a Black-throated Green.
	In the Elizabethan Gardens tuesday I saw a Swainson's Thrush, Red-breasted
Nuthatch, 2 more Magnolia Warblers and my first Yellow-throated Vireo of the
fall, as well as many of the same species already mentioned.
	Today promises to be slower with SW winds - thank-goodness, my warbler neck
is getting pretty bad!
	Jeff Lewis - Manteo, NC