HBSP on 11-13

Hi Carolinabirders,
	Today, by prearrangement I met two birders from the Ashville, NC area, and
we birded at Huntington Beach S.P., Murrells Inlet, Georgetown County, SC.
We covered the causeway, Kerrigan Trail, and part of the carriage path.
The landbirding proved quite poor due to the high winds from the North.  So
we decided to head to the jetty by way of the area behind the secondary
dunes.  One real good bird.

Common Loon-15+
Pied-billed Grebe-4
Horned Grebe-1 in Mullet Pond
N. Gannet-10
Brown Pelican-15
Double-crested Cormorant-60
Great Blue Heron-2
Great Egret-3
Snowy Egret-5
Tricolored Heron-3
American Black Duck-2 in the north end of Sandpiper Pond
Greater Scaup-1 in Mullet Pond
Bufflehead-3
Hooded Merganser-8
Turkey Vulture-4
Osprey-3
Bald Eagle-first or second year immature
Clapper Rail-4
Common Moorhen-4
Am. Coot-4
Black-bellied Plover-8
Semipalmated Plover-1
Piping Plover-1
Am. Oystercatcher-2
Greater Yellowlegs-1
Common Snipe-1 heard only
Ruddy Turnstone-20
Sanderling-3
Western Sandpiper-3
peep sp-5
Dunlin-5
Short-billed Dowitcher-5
Laughing Gull-7
Ring-billed Gull-30
Herring Gull-3 all first year birds
Royal Tern-2
Sandwich Tern-10+
Forster's Tern-20+
Mourning Dove-1
Belted Kingfisher-1
N. Flicker-1 heard only
Tree Swallow-1000+
Carolina Chickadee-2
Ruby-crowned Kinglet-3
N. Mockingbird-2
Yellow-rumped Warbler-12
N. Cardinal-3
Savannah Sparrow-5
Sharp-tailed Sparrow sp-1
Seaside Sparrow-1
Swamp Sparrow-5
LAPLAND LONGSPUR-1 best view ever of this species as it was seen in the
open on the jetty several times. It finally flew towards Garden City but
circled back and landed in the dunes between the jetty pond and the beach.
Definitely not a Smith's.
Red-winged Blackbird-20
Boat-tailed Grackle-1

Good birding, good company.