special bird

Howdy!

WHEW!!! At least some of the pressure is off now after Will's last
email. Maybe now my shoulders and back can relax without the enormous
weight I've been feeling and I can get some sleep!!! The second or third
sighting of this wagtail in North America is still a great sighting. I
love how we found it,
right here in the Triangle area where we live. Makes you want to get out
and discover more right in your backyard, doesn't it?

We plan on stopping at Sandling Beach tomorrow to look for loons (the
reason Jill and I were there Tuesday) on our way to see the Calliope
Hummingbird. I was thrilled to read Kent's email about 29 loons there on
Thursday. Maybe their numbers will continue to increase, but I'll be
very happy to see just one, too!

Happy birding this weekend! Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net