Peeps and Owls

My thanks to Carolina Birds comntributors for helping me find the
Pectoral sandpipers and Stilt sandpipers at Falls Lake.  I confused the
Stilts with Yellowlegs on a morning visit, but on consulting my field
guides, I noticed the yellowish legs illustrated by Sibley.  An evening
re-visit convinced me that both birds were present, and easily separated
by behavior and bill shape.  I felt better after reading in Bent's "Life
Histories": "I have never seen, or never recognized, a stilt sandpiper
in life.  As it often associated with lesser yellowlegs and so easily
mistaken for it, I may have overlooked it."

On another subject, I would like to see a Barn Owl.  Does anyone know of
one that can be easily found in the Triangle Area?

Dave Lenat
Raleigh NC