WAS field trip

Hi C-birders,
On Saturday, the Waccamaw Audubon Society had a field trip to our friend
Joe Carter's farm in northern Horry County.  It is a beautiful piece of
property along the Waccamaw River adjoining the hertitage preserve.
While a slow day of birding (& butterflying) I did have one very good
bird in the hedgerow of Joe's fields.

Turkey Vulture
N. Harrier
Sharp-shinned Hawk-1 nice view has on flew over Joe's cabin as we were
having lunch
Merlin-1 we encountered this one a few times
Mourning Dove
Belted Kingfisher-1
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker-1 heard only
Downy Woodpecker
N. Flicker-several
E. Phoebe-several
Blue Jay-a good number
Am. Crow-fair number
Carolina Chickadee-several
Tufted Titmouse-several
White-breasted Nuthatch-a few
Carolina Wren-one or two
House Wren-1 heard only
Sedge Wren-1 heard only
Gray Catbird-1
N. Mockingbird-several
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Common Yellowthroat? I seem to recall someone saying they had one
N. Cardinal-several
E. Towhee-2 heard only
Chipping Sparrow-1
CLAY-COLORED SPARROW-a good look from about 40 feet away strong white
medium crown stripe on streaked crown, no rufous in the crown at all
(nearly all Chippings seem to show some rufous in the crown) prominent
cheek pattern edged in black. The son of a gun kept the rump covered,
but I'm about 90% certain it was a Clay-colored and not a Chipping. I
tried to show it to others but no one was around.
Red-winged Blackbird-fly over
House Finch-several together
Am. Goldfinch-several

about 32 species.