busy birds

The yard was full of bird activity this morning. It was difficult getting ready for work with all that delightful distraction. My ears perked to the melodious sound of a white-throated sparrow. I spotted at least 3 or 4 of them. Cardinals and towhees shuffled through the leaf litter under the sycamore. Carolina wrens, chickadees, and titmice flitted about. A pair of yellow-bellied sapsuckers scooted up the white ash. A cheeky little ruby-crowned kinglet (my first of the season) zipped from branch to branch. I was sooo tempted to call in sick just so I could watch birds! Can you imagine?!!

Leah

Leah Campbell
Cornwell, SC
faeriemaiden@hotmail.com

"In order to see birds, it is necessary to become a part of the silence." Robert Lynd

Broadband? Dial-up? Get reliable MSN Internet Access. http://resourcecenter.msn.com/access/plans/default.asp