Eurasian Collared Doves

I've generally seen no more than five or six Eurasian Collared Doves in a
given location at a particular time.  However, on Saturday there were 23
behind Belin United Methodist Church in Murrell's Inlet, SC.  Hoping to find
a few for a fellow birder on Sunday, I stopped back by.  Although none were
found on the church property that day, I found they, along with some
friends, had congregated in a lone live oak between Captain Dick's Marina
(just to the north of the church) and the main road.  I counted the birds
several times and my best count there was thirty-seven.  As we left the
area, we headed south toward Huntington Beach.  Twenty-one more birds were
seen on the power lines within one-half mile of the marina for a total of
fifty-eight!  While I'd prefer to leave the debate on whether or not such a
species should even be here to others, the sighting did, nevertheless, seem
a bit unusual.

Good Birding!
Ritch Lilly
Myrtle Beach, SC