Eurasian Collared Doves

Yesterday I traveled to Burgaw, Pender County, NC, to attend a funeral. I used the opportunity to work on my NC County list. When I pulled into the church parking lot, I saw two doves on the ground that did not look quite right for Mourning. Binoculars confirmed them to be Collared. On the way home, I had three more doves on a wire and to my surprise they were also Collared. I knew that these birds were breeding on Topsail Island in Pender County but I did not know that they had reached Burgaw, some 40 + miles inland. As a matter of fact, I did not see a Mourning Dove in Pender County all morning.

Buddy

--
Charles L (Buddy) Garrett, MD
132 Dockside Dr