Henslow's Sparrow at Dobbin's Farm Ponds

The few of us in Greenville County Bird Club that braved the rain to go on
our fields trip to the farm ponds in Townville (Anderson Co., SC)  were in
for a treat. We got an excellent look in the scope of a Henslow's sparrow (a
life bird that has eluded me for years).  It was at the end of the mud on
the left pond at Dobbin's Farm. Other birds of interest were Vesper sparrow,
Grasshopper sparrow, Meadowlarks, American Pipits, Green-winged Teal,
Blue-winged Teal, Gadwell and Northern Harrier.

Linda Sharp
Greenville, SC
nljsharp@worldnet.att.net