Hooded Meregansers

Hi,
I don't even know if this is odd for this area, but 'tis a life bird for me.
2 female,2 male and 1 immature hooded mergansers on the little lake behind
Charlotte/Lowe's Motor Speedway.  Have been many more at different times but
this was the first time I had my binos with me.  The pond is on Morehead Rd
that runs beside the Speedway between hwys 29 and 49.  Go down to the entrance
into the campground area and a road will take you to the back side of the
pond.  Course the closer the vehicle gets the further the ducks swim away.
Usually there are only dozens of Canada Geese.  This was a nice C'mas present
for me.

--
Cecille Leopard
Harrisburg NC