Re: Black-throated Gray Wblr on Lake Norman

I believe this represents the 5th report of Black-throated Gray Warbler
for NC. Thus, the NC Bird Records Committee would appreciate further
details to review for a vote later in the year. A rare bird form can be
downloaded from the CBC website at <www.carolinabirdclub.org>, from the
"Records Committee" link. Or, the Committee can work from a more
detailed description than what was briefly put out on carolinabirds.

Also, none of the previous 4 records has been photographed, nor is there
a specimen. It IS on the Official List, as there have been a minimum of
3 accepted records.

Tomm, can you please provide directions to the bird? A lot of folks in
NC will probably want to look for it, and hopefully photograph it. (With
digital cameras being able to get great shots of distant birds nowadays
held up to a spotting scope, maybe a recognizable photo is possible.) Of
course, a canopy bird like this might be difficult to "hold still" in a
scope for a photo.

Harry LeGrand
Chair, NC Bird Records Committee

--