Carolinabirds digest mode coming soon

Those of you who are swamped with e-mail may be pleased to hear that we're
in the process of setting up a digest mode for Carolinabirds, so you can get
all the daily e-mails in one big message.  I'll post details of how to
subscribe, etc. after I'm sure it's working.

We're also setting up a searchable message archive at Duke.  More about that
soon.  (This message is, in part, a test message to see if it's working.)

For detailed information about Tallowtree (Triadica sebifera/Sapium
sebiferum) and every other species of plant (native or introduced) found in
the U.S., see the USDA Plants database - http://plants.usda.gov/
The Tallowtree page is at
http://plants.usda.gov/cgi_bin/plant_profile.cgi?symbol=TRSE6 You can read a
brochure about the its invasiveness and how to control it by clicking on the
"Plant guide" button (easy to miss).  By the way, the scientific and English
names used are from the checklist by John Kartesz of UNC-Chapel Hill.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu