Re: Raleigh lakes/Big Year

Shantanu Phukan wrote:
> Can anyone familiar with Raleigh give me directions for the West Lake Pond
> and also the pond on 1010 Road?

There are short writeups with directions for these two spots at:
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook/tbg/wake.html

Josh Rose wrote:
> And we were wondering, what are the top Big Years for North and South > Carolina?

I don't know about SC, but Russ and Patricia Tyndall set the NC Big
Year record in 2001 with an amazing 344 species:

http://www.ibiblio.org/~pardo/birds/archive/archive8/msg01361.html

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu