Re: Goose Killing

Birders:

I agree there is nothing WRONG with discussing this matter here, as the
topic of discussion is birds and a goose is obviously a bird. For me it's
just as informative and just as important.

I look at geese every day of my life as I live in a residential area that
borders a pond. Some people that live here don't like the geese and all too
often speak of way inhumane ways to rid our neighborhood of them. My family
really have very little problem with the geese passing through our yard as
it's bulk-headed but the ones without, endure the goose "poo" but that's
beside the point.

I wrote an email in response to the Dean of Students at Davidson and did get
a reply assuring the students would received a just punishment. I don't feel
they are just boys being boys.

People who commit cruel and heartless crimes, such as this, truly must have
something drastically wrong with them. Colleges are full of children of
privilege, who all too often get by with way too much. Let's not forget the
cruel act  taken against a poor pig at another NC university last year.

We as humans need to speak up for our furred and feathered friends as they
don't have a voice to protest.

Yours in birding,

Ginny Gillam
Edenton,NC