Birdscapes Journal

WHile browsing the library at the botanic gardens today I came across a
very smart little journal that I at least hae never seen before and that I
think some of us birders might like to know about.

It is called "Birdscapes" and is a publication of the Division of Bird
Habitat Conservation of the Us Fish and WIldlife Service and also the
Canadian Wildlife Service. It mostly has news about bird conservation
efforts, especially partnership projects. It coes out thrice a year and in
this issue there were interesting articles about: saving prairie potholes,
using new farmign techniques for improving grassland bird nesting habitat
in cotton fields, a book review of Laguna Madre in Texas etc. And the best
thing is that subscription is FREE (at least according to the blurb on the
inside cover). Do others know of this journal and if so what do you think
of it.

By the way, thanks for all the wonderful suggestions that have flooded me
Roseate Spoonbills, Scrub Jays, and it would seem even the Dusky Seaside
Sparrow?

Shantanu

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599