Not that clueless

Folks, that was a joke about hoping for a dusky seaside. yes, I am well
aware that they went the way of the great auk, the heath hen and the ivory
billed. I was merely using exaggerated language to thank all the people
who have written in giving detailed instructions for all the goodies for
Merritt Island. From the number of prompt corrections I've received to
that stray remark I am beginning to fear that I may have lost all
credibility in the eyes of carolinabirders and be about to be run off this
list in utter disgrace.

But rest assured I was only joking. I'm merely setting my sights on a
Bachman's Warbler when I head down the coast.

P.S. Yes, I am still joking.

SHANTANU PHUKAN
Lecturer in Urdu-Hindi & Indian Literature
University of N. Carolina, Chapel Hill
Curriculum in Asian Studies
Alumni Hall 413C
Chapel Hill, N.C. 27599