RE: scope vs binoculars

I probably have weird eyes... but I like to keep my other eye open because I
often see other things with it like hawks flying over, rails coming out of
nearby reeds, or things like that. I'm not actually paying attention to
other things and the eye isn't focused on anything but if something moves I
can pick it up.
This kind of fits with my birdwatching rule: when everybody in the group is
looking one way, turn around. You'll find lots of great stuff the group
might otherwise miss.

Bruce Young
bruce.young@edtsi.com
Durham, nc