MACROSCOPE 45?

-------Original Message-------
From: miaim@mebtel.net
Sent: 03/05/03 12:19 PM
To: Charlotte Goedsche <goedsche@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: scope vs binoculars

> Most astronomers and the better target shooters keep both eyes open whenusing
monocular optics. I've done it instinctively for as long as I can remember
and
using a spotting scope for birds is no different.

As should be done when using a monocular microscope... do they still make 'em?

Anyway, my question... does anyone have experience with a monocular tele-microscope called the Macroscope 45?
It's a 45x microscope that converts to an 8x monocular "telescope" by taking off the front lens.  I've been using a Swift
monocular 7x that converts to a microscope at 30x and I have been happy with it for just totin' around lookin' at stuff.\
I'm thinking about the Macroscope and wanted input.  I've seen it at Benmeadows.com for about $160,00 and at other places for a lot more bucks.

Jim Sutto

He who believes these stories is a fool; he who does not is a heretic.

- Hassidic Proverb