Red-necked Grebe at Port Royal, SC

Hi C-Birders,

Last Sunday (9 March 2003) Caroline Eastman and I birded at the Savannah NWR
and also a various spots near Port Royal, Beaufort County, SC. Our best bird
was a Red-necked Grebe, seen in the estuary where the Beaufort River joint
Battery Creek. We were visiting the Port Royal Boardwalk Park, a.k.a the
Sands. This delightful little park is imediately to the south of the State
Port Authority docks at the end of Paris Avenue in Port Royal. Turn at the
boat ramp sign off of the main drag through Port Royal (Ribault Road).

Robin Carter
Columbia, SC
rcarter@sc.rr.com