Re: tick kills chipping sparrow

Re: Ticks

I have corresponding with a number of folks re ticks
on bird since
mid Decemeber when I was seeing several per day
in Juncos>>>AmGo's>> Chippes.

There is an entymologist at Auburn who is very
interested
in ticks on birds and may be the researcher most
actively involved in this research
He sent me a lengthy email describing the tick type,
time of attachment, and
probable cause of death.
He has a  brief set of questions for an observor to
answer
as well as requests for any ticks that could be sent
to him (preferred live in crush-proof container) or
dead (I have instructions on how to preserve/send).

If any of you are interested, I can send more info.

Jill Froning DVM
Chapel Hill, NC/n. Chatham Co.