Birders needed at Falls & Jordan

With the budget crunch and being short staffed I will be in need of help on
various monitoring studies at Falls and extending into Jordan Lake.  Make
your bird trip count for science!

Falls Lake is north of Raleigh, NC; Jordan is south of Apex, NC

1-Tree Swallow nest boxes - I have expanded our network of swallow boxes
this winter and will need volunteers to "adopt" a site to monitor.  This
would require visual inspection by BOAT or CANOE.  3 visits from Mid May -
July.  Anyone wishing to explore nesting potential at Jordan Lake is
welcomed as well.

2-Cliff Swallow Nesting - Cliff Swallows nest in large numbers at various
bridges over Falls and Jordan Lakes.  Volunteers are needed to monitor sites
by land, canoe or boat.  3 visits from Mid May - July.

3-Prothonotary Warbler Nest Box Network - I have volunteers who will install
nest boxes in the Brickhouse Road Impoundment.  Volunteers will be needed to
monitor the boxes by CANOE or WADING.  3 visits during breeding season.

4-Osprey Nesting Platforms - Falls has 12 or so nest sites, not sure about
Jordan.  Volunteers needed to visually monitor sites by land or watercraft.
Visits variable.

ALSO need help with SEVERAL other bird surveys, TREEFROG monitoring, MONARCH
LARVA monitoring and much much more.

Anyone with knowledge or interests in other monitoring programs are welcomed
for new studies.

Anyone interested please contact me at Brian.Bockhahn@ncmail.net

Brian Bockhahn
Park Ranger