New arrivals in Cumberland County, NC

I spent most of the morning in the southeastern corner of Cumberland County. All of the low places are full of water. I did turn up some first of the year species: hairy woodpecker (1), eastern kingbird (1), green heron (2), orchard oriole (2), and cattle egret (6). I found the cattle egrets feeding in a field off of NC 210. That's the first time I have seen any in North Carolina.
I saw and heard yellow-rumped warblers, yellow-throated warblers, northern parulas, and common yellowthroats. I heard some warbler calls that I was not able to identify for certain.

Bob.
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Historian and General Outdoorsman
Fayetteville, NC 28311