April 28 Chapel Hill Bird Club

Howdy!

You're invited to the last Chapel Hill Bird Club program of the year on
Monday, April 28. Amy Skypala, a PhD student working with Haven Wiley at
UNC, will present her program, "Parental Care and Chick Begging in
Northern Mockingbirds."
Amy will present an overview of a project looking at how parents and
chicks
negotiate amounts of parental care, including potential conflict or
cooperation between the parents, between parents and chicks, and within
the chicks themselves.

Refreshments are at 7:15 pm; the meeting starts at 7:30 pm at Binkley
Baptist Church on Willow Drive at 15/501 in Chapel Hill, near University
Mall. Due to church renovation, our meeting may be held in the
Fellowship Hall this month.

Hope to see you there!

Mark your calendars now for our annual picnic on May 19 at Lake
Crabtree!

Happy birding! Karen Bearden
Raleigh, NC
chickadeebirders@earthlink.net