NCBG

Hi all,

Went for a brief jaunt in the NC Botanical Gardens (Orange County, NC) this
morning.  I managed to find a few new arrivals, which was nice...shortly
after crossing the creek, I heard a sweetly warbled song off to my left and
up the hill...a moment later I heard the expected "squeek" of
sneakers-on-gym-floor.  After hiking uphill a bit, I was able to look out
into the canopy and a gorgeous (as if there's any other kind) ROSE-BREASTED
GROSBEAK.  Both male and female SCARLET TANAGERS were moving through the
canopy, and I heard one BLACK-THROATED BLUE WARBLER singing in the distance.
A little further along the trail, as I descended on the opposite side of the
hill, I heard a loudly singing SWAINSON'S THRUSH, which I managed to locate
about fifteen feet in front of me for great looks.

(The Tanagers weren't new, but I dig 'em lots, so I mentioned 'em anyway.)

Good birding,

-Sandy

--
Sandy Cash
Durham, NC

"The time for change is here and here we are, we're just for you!" -
Funkadelic