scopes and tripods

Hi all,

My two words about tripods. From my experience (and many of my friends) you need rather heavy tripod to big scope size of Swarovski or Kowa (big lens ones). This combo is much more stable (despite the head quality) during ordinary observation (when even shaking hand matter) as well as in some windy weather of seawatching. I know it is a few pound more to carry but it is worthy. There is nothing more frustrating than looking through very good but shaking scope. Better buy light and chip one, same result. Big or small scope the tripod should be stable and rather heavy as a good solid base for your scope vision.

Mike

-- ************************************************ Michal Skakuj Ph.D. 4600 University Drive apt. 1312 Durham, NC 27707 phone: 919 402 9961 mobile phone: 919 599 3040