Re: Probable White-winged Dove in Person Co., NC

Dear Jeff, and carolinabirds:

The note on a White-Winged Dove on this BBS route brings back some really
old memories.

On 6 September 1963 a pair of White-Winged Doves appeared at my parents'
farm north of Hillsborough, roughly 15 or 16 miles south of Jeff's sighting,
and stayed for a week or so. These birds were clearly marked and easily
observed in the barnyard. I never reported the sighting as I was about 15 at
the time and had not yet become a member of Chapel Hill Bird Club.

James H. Coman, III
Executive Director
Blue Ridge Rural Land Trust
P.O. Box 2557